Welcome to our guide on how to change location in Pokemon Go. This process is also known as location or GPS spoofing. Pokemon GO players in big cities or suburbs have no problems finding Pokestops or Gyms, but what about rural areas? However, those living in rural locations have difficulty finding Pokestops and Pokemon, especially the rare ones.
If you are a VPN user looking to become one, there is a simple trick to overcome this problem.
When you combine GPS spoofing apps and a strong VPN, like my top pick, NordVPN, you can trick Pokemon GO into thinking you are in a different location.
For most mobile apps like Netflix and Disney+, using a VPN is enough to change your alleged location and access exclusive content.
On the other hand, Pokemon GO has begun monitoring its servers for players with a location that doesn’t match their phone’s GPS coordinates. So, a mock location masking module is highly recommended to successfully change your Pokemon GO perceived location. Otherwise, your account may be subject to suspension or even a ban.
Spoofing apps and masking modules will prevent Pokemon GO from detecting that you’ve changed your location. Meanwhile, if you are looking for the latest Pokemon GO promo codes, please look at our Pokemon GO promo codes.
How to Change Your Region in Pokemon GO
- Choose a VPN. I recommend going with NordVPN for Pokemon GO. Two attractive, more Affordable options are Surfshark and Windscribe. Both options can inherently perform location spoofing so you won’t need a third-party app. You will still need the Mock Mock Locations module, though.
- Install the VPN and connect to a server in your target location.
- Open Pokemon GO and start playing.
How a VPN Helps You Change Region in Pokemon GO from Anywhere
Niantic can determine your Pokemon GO location by checking your IP address and accessing your smartphone’s GPS coordinates to ensure the two match. If you are caught cheating, Niantic can use your IP address to ban you from playing Pokemon GO effectively. You don’t want this to happen.
A VPN combined with a GPS spoofing app allows you to generate an IP address – GPS coordinates valid pair to avoid Niantic’s detection measures. This app combo can mask your online activity and change your location within Pokemon GO. Changing your location allows you to access certain Pokemon and items that wouldn’t have been available otherwise.
Moreover, trusted VPNs also protect those surfing the web or browsing through different apps. Powerful encryption protects your information from hackers and third parties like advertisers and trackers.
How to Change Your Region In Pokemon GO
Changing your region in Pokemon GO varies depending on whether you use an iPhone or an Android mobile device. After downloading and installing a VPN on your mobile device, you must install a GPS spoofing app.
- Choose a VPN and register for the service. We recommend choosing NordVPN, but you can also look at Surfshark and Windscribe, as they can handle the location spoofing inherently instead of relying on a third-party app.
- Download and install the VPN on your mobile device. You can find NordVPN in the Google Play Store.
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the Fake GPS Location or Fake GPS app.
- In your Android device’s settings, tap “About Phone or About Device.”
- Tap “Build Number” seven times to enable developer mode.
- Go back to settings and visit “Developer Options.”You’ll see “Developer Options” here
- Click the option “Mock Locations App” or “Allow Mock Locations.”Click to allow mock locations.
- You’ll need to install a module named “Mock Mock Locations.” to prevent apps like Pokemon GO from identifying you are using a mock location.
- Download Mock Mock Locations from the Xposed Module Repository. This will download the Mock Mock Locations APK, which you will install on your Android smartphone. Now Pokemon GO won’t be able to tell you are using a Mock GPS Location.
- Now turn on your VPN on your mobile device and choose a server in a location where you’d like to find Pokemon. Choose a server location from NordVPN’s list.
- Make sure you’ve turned on the spoofing app and choose a matching GPS location to align your IP address with your GPS. It would be a shame to get banned because you produced a mismatch while spoofing your location.
- Open Pokemon GO and start searching for Pokemon available in your new location.
- Select a VPN and register for the service.
- Download and install the VPN on your mobile device. You can find NordVPN in the App Store.
- You’ll need to jailbreak the device to change your location in Pokemon GO on your iPhone. You can learn more about how to do that here.
- Now that your iPhone is jailbroken, you want to visit Cydia. Cydia is essentially an app store for jailbroken devices.
- Pokemon GO checks for jailbroken devices, so you’ll need an app that hides your phone’s jailbroken status. Download tsProtecter.
- Now that tsProtector is installed, you’ll also want to download the Location Spoofer app from Cydia.
- Make sure that both tsProtecter and the Location Spoofer app are running. Choose a location in the Spoofer app.
- Turn on your phone’s VPN, and make sure it is in the same area as the location you choose in the Spoofer app.
- Start Pokemon GO and start searching for your favorite Pokemon!
NordVPN: One of the Best Gaming VPNs to Avoid Latency, Lag & Buffering
The best VPN option for Pokemon GO players is NordVPN. NordVPN provides many essential features, including robust encryption and unlimited bandwidth.
NordVPN also has over 5,460 servers located around the globe.
Lag and latency are significant issues for gamers, so bandwidth is always a concern. NordVPN puts these worries to bed with its unlimited bandwidth, making it one of the top VPNs for mobile games like Pokemon GO.
NordVPN’s military-grade encryption keeps third parties and hackers from viewing your online activity. It also prevents other Pokemon GO players from being able to view your IP address or location data.NordVPN also allows you to have up to 6 simultaneous connections, a tremendous asset for Pokemon GO players.
You can have NordVPN protecting several devices that are all playing the game simultaneously, so you are your friends can all “move” to a new location.
Can you play Pokemon GO with a VPN?
Yes. Turn on your GPS spoofing app, connect to the VPN, and access Pokemon GO. Not all VPNs will hide your IP or DNS requests, so choosing a quality provider like NordVPN is essential.
Can you still spoof in Pokemon GO?
Yes, but you may face some gaming repercussions if you get caught. First, I should stress that it’s not illegal to spoof in Pokemon GO; it’s just not allowed in the game.
A first offense usually means a 12-hour ban, in which case you will notice the Pokemon cannot be caught, or stored quests may disappear.
Using a VPN will ensure that you are never caught performing location spoofing. It’s hard for Niantic to do anything to track you without severely violating privacy legislation.
What is the best VPN for Pokemon GO?
My number one choice for Pokemon GO is NordVPN. Still, several other great gaming VPNs exist, including the ultra-affordable Surfshark, which has inherent location spoofing, or even Windscribe, which you can even use for free up to a 10-15GB limit and is one of the top free VPNs.
- How to Get a Sengoku Era Helm for Elizabeth in Persona 3 Reload - February 24, 2024
- Tensura: King of Monsters codes: Redeem code for Free Resources for February 2024 - February 24, 2024
- How to Get Giant Creepy Doll in Persona 3 Reload - February 24, 2024