This post contains all the cheats for The Sims 4. This complete list of Sims 4 cheat console commands can be used to modify skills, aspirations, and motives, get cash, change the interface, or build anything. Sims 4 was launched on September 2, 2014 for PC, macOS, PS4, Xbox One and later on Xbox One.
Remember that cheats in “The Sims 2” require advanced debugging and testing cheats to be enabled. (Read below for how to do this).
How to enable the Sims 4 cheat console
So, to start using cheats, you first need to bring up the cheat console. Here are the instructions to do it on every device:
- The Sims 4 PC cheat console activation: Hold down Ctrl and Shift, then press C.
- The Sims 4 Mac cheat console activation: Hold down Command and Shift, then press C.
- The Sims 4 PS4 cheat console activation: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once.
- The Sims 4 Xbox One cheat console activation: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once.
A console box will pop up at the top of your screen to type all the available cheat code commands.
Premise: How to Activate Test Cheats for Debugging in Sims 4
The premise to be able to use the full list of the Sims 4 cheat commands is similar to what is required for the Sims 3 cheats.
Players can enable the full effects of the developer console (in essence all games featuring console cheat commands allow you to use the developer console and run commands that developers use for testing), which is a requirement for some cheat commands.
In this “The Sims” game you will need to bring up the cheat console and enter:
This will enable extra cheats and the popular shift-click cheats, which allow you to shift-click on Sims, buildings, and items and get access to further cheat options based on the unit you selected. Obviously, you cannot shift-click on consoles, so you will have to press X+O on PS4 and A+B on Xbox one to trigger a shift-click.
Shift-Click Sims 4 cheats
After enabling shift-click cheats, you can use the following shift-click cheats:
- Teleport Shift-click anywhere on free ground, then select Teleport Sim to a Sim teleport to that location.
Shift-Click on Sims
- Shift-click on a Sim and select?Cheat Need?>?Make Happy?to them mood boost.
- You can also disable a Sim’s happiness degradation to keep them permanently in the same mood by selecting?Cheat Need?and then?Disable Need Decay.
- Shift-click on a Sim then pick?Modify in CAS?to edit them in Create-a-Sim. You can edit everything except for the Sim’s name and inherited traits.
- Shift-click on a Sim then choose?Reset Object?to reset their status.
Shift-Click on Objects
- Shift-click on an object then select Reset Object to reset its status.
- Shift-click on an object then select either Make Dirty or Make Clean to make it dirty or clean.
Money Sims 4 cheats
The usual money codes kaching, rosebud,and motherlodeare available on the Sims 4 too, but there is more you can do.
The codes below will provide you with extra Simoleons:
- kaching or rosebud: Acquire 1,000 Simoleons.
- motherlode: Acquire 50,000 Simoleons.
Once again, there is a more powerful command that allows you to set a specific amount of money for your household:
- Money number: Gives your household the specified amount of money.
House and Real Estate Sims 4 cheats
- freerealestate: buy any house you want enable this code in Map mode first.
Objects Sims 4 cheats
The cheats below allow you to build anywhere, move objects, and unlock hidden and career objects:
- bb.enablefreebuild: Enabling this cheat allows you to build anywhere.
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement: Unlock special career items in building mode.
- bb.showhiddenobjects: Gain access to hidden items in build/buy catalog.
- bb.moveobjects on: Allows you to place objects anywhere on the grid.
Relationship Sims 4 cheats
The cheats below allow you to create new Sims that are already your friends, make all your neighbors know your Sim, and even modify romance or friendship levels.
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim: Create a new Sim that is already friends with you.
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others: Introduces your Sim to all neighbors, so all neighbors will know you.
- modifyrelationship SourceFirstName SourceLastName TargetFirstName TargetLastName Number LTR_Friendship_Main: Allows you to increase or decrease the friendship level between two Sims based on the number specified.
- modifyrelationship SourceFirstName SourceLastName TargetFirstName TargetLastName Number LTR_Romance_Main: Allows you to increase or decrease the romance level between two Sims based on the number specified.
Motives, skills, and satisfaction The Sims 4 cheats
You can use the cheats below to fill all or specific motives:
- sims.fill_all_commodities: Fills all motives.
- fillmotive motive_bladder: Fills bladder motive.
- fillmotive motive_energy: Fills energy motive
- fillmotive motive_fun: Fills fun motive.
- fillmotive motive_hunger: Fills hunger motive.
- fillmotive motive_hygiene: Fills hygiene motive.
- fillmotive motive_social: Fills social motive.
Satisfaction and Aspiration cheats
- sims.give_satisfaction_points Number: Gives your Sim number satisfaction points.
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone: Complete your Sim’s current aspiration goal.
- stats.set_skill_level Skill Name 1-10: With this cheat you can set Skill Name to any level between 1 (min) and 10 (max).
Below, you will find all the available Skill Name options:
Death and ghost The Sims 4 Cheats
- death.toggle true/false: Makes Sims immortal/mortal.
- sims.add_buff Ghostly – make your Sim a ghost, lasts four in-game hours
World and UI The Sims 4 Cheats
- resetsim SimFirstName SimLastName: Resets the specified Sim.
- headlineeffects on/off: Enable/disable the headline effects above Sims such as plumbobs and speech bubbles
- hovereffects on/off: Enable/disable the hover effects when you cursor over a Sim.
- fullscreenToggle: Switch the game between fullscreen and windowed mode
- fps on/off: Turn on/off FPS display.
Why are sims 4 cheats not working?
Here are a few reasons The Sims 4 cheat might not be working for you:
- Most Sims 4 cheats require you to have enabled testing cheats. After loading the household, press CTRL + Shift + C to open the cheat console. Hit enter to type the cheat true and testingcheats true or testingcheats on to enable all testing cheats.
- Make sure you are entering cheats the right way for your platform:
- On PC and Mac, you must hold down CTRL+SHIFT+C
- On PS4 and Xbox, you must hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
- You may have used a cheat that has been removed from the game. Some automation cheats were removed with the release of the Seasons expansion pack. To re-enable them you can download TwistedMexi’s All cheats mod.
- Sometimes, installed mods can cause problems with the game’s normal flow. You can temporarily move or disable a mod you have recently installed to check whether it’s interfering with cheats. Repairing the game may be an option if this doesn’t solve your problem. Open Origin and navigate to My Games Library. Right-click on The Sims 4 to select Repair
Finally, if you are interested in more cheats make sure to check the rest of our cheat code guides.