In the competitive arenas of “Modern Warfare 3” (MW3), players are constantly on the lookout for the best weaponry to secure an advantage over their adversaries. Amidst this quest for power, curiosity often leads to explorations of the strongest and weakest arms in the game’s vast arsenal. One weapon that the community has consistently singled out for its underperformance is the Sidewinder battle rifle. Dubbed by many as potentially the worst weapon not just in MW3 but in the entire Call of Duty franchise, the Sidewinder’s reputation precedes it.
The Sidewinder is introduced in MW3 as a heavy battle rifle, quickly gaining notoriety for its challenging recoil control. When fired in full auto, the weapon exhibits significant horizontal and vertical kick, making sustained accuracy daunting. Coupled with its sluggish rate of fire, the Sidewinder positions itself as a less-than-ideal choice for those seeking dominance on the battlefield.
The Best Sidewinder Loadout in MW3
Despite its shortcomings, the Sidewinder can be tamed to a certain extent with the right loadout and class setup. Here’s how to make the most out of this challenging weapon:
Best Sidewinder Build in MW3
- Conversion Kit: JAK Thunder LMG Kit
- This kit transforms the Sidewinder into a light machine gun (LMG) variant, equipped with a 50-round magazine. It introduces a unique firing mechanism where the rate of fire increases the longer the trigger is held, making it somewhat more viable for laying down suppressive fire or shredding through obstacles.
- Barrel: Rattleback Deadeye 16? Barrel
- Enhances the weapon’s accuracy and range, slightly mitigating its recoil issues.
- Stock: RB Regal Heavy Stock
- Contributes to stability, aiding in the management of recoil during prolonged engagements.
- Underbarrel: Holger Vertical Grip
- Rear Grip: RB Borealis Grip
- Both grips focus on improving recoil control, ensuring that the weapon remains as steady as possible under fire.
This loadout prioritizes recoil management above all, attempting to transform the Sidewinder from a liability into a serviceable weapon. The JAK Thunder LMG Kit, in particular, offers a novel approach to utilizing the rifle, emphasizing sustained fire over precision shots.
Best Sidewinder Class Setup
To complement the Sidewinder’s limitations, a carefully selected class setup is essential:
- Vest: Gunner Vest
- Secondary: Lockwood 680
- A versatile shotgun for close-quarters combat, offsetting the Sidewinder’s weaknesses at short range.
- Tactical: Stun Grenade
- Lethal: Semtex
- Standard choices for disorienting enemies and securing kills with explosives.
- Field Upgrade: Trophy System
- Essential for objective play, protecting against incoming grenades and projectiles.
- Gloves: Quick-Grip Gloves
- Enhances weapon swap speed, allowing for swift transitions between the Sidewinder and the Lockwood 680.
- Gear: Tac Mask or EOD Padding
- Choice of gear to counteract enemy tacticals or explosives, depending on personal preference and playstyle.
This class setup is designed to mitigate the Sidewinder’s weaknesses, providing a balanced approach to both mid and short-range engagements. The inclusion of the Lockwood 680 ensures competitiveness in close combat, while the tactical and lethal equipment options support a versatile playstyle.
The Sidewinder battle rifle in “Modern Warfare 3” stands as a testament to the diversity of the game’s weapon roster, challenging players to adapt and overcome its inherent flaws. With the right loadout and strategic class setup, even the most maligned weapon can find a place on the battlefield. Whether the Sidewinder will receive future updates to enhance its viability remains to be seen, but for now, it serves as a unique challenge for players seeking to master every aspect of MW3’s arsenal.
- Understanding Super Citizen Status in Helldivers 2 - February 22, 2024
- Borderlands 3 Save Editor – 2022 Ultimate Guide - February 22, 2024
- Lords Mobile Codes: Free Gems and Exclusive Rewards for February 2024 - February 22, 2024