Are you wondering whether Sea of Thieves is cross-platform? We have everything you need about cross-platform play in Sea of Thieves on Xbox and PC.
In most likelihood, you’ll want to explore the seas along with your friends in the game.
If you are all playing on different platforms, you must use the cross-platform play feature to connect with your friends.
Let’s get started and see how you can connect with other players in Sea of Thieves and invite them to your lobby through crossplay.
Sea of Thieves is cross-platform?
Yes, Sea of Thieves is cross-platform on PC and Xbox. The game allows you to connect with your friends, whether you are playing on PC or Xbox, while supporting the cross-save feature if you want to jump from one platform to another.
Regardless of whether you are playing Sea of Thieves on PC using Steam or the Xbox app or on the Xbox console, you will be using your Xbox Live account to sign in, so cross-play support is pretty straightforward.
How to enable crossplay in Sea of Thieves
If you wonder how to use cross-play in Sea of Thieves, you are in luck. The game offers cross-play support out of the box, so you won’t have to meddle with the game’s settings.
All you have to do is go to the Social tab of the game’s menu, search for your friends’ names, and add them as in-game friends. Once you’ve done so, you can join lobbies with them.
How do I add friends to Sea of Thieves?
Sea of Thieves allows you to add people you know as in-game friends by using Xbox Live. Here are the steps to add friends on both PC and Xbox consoles:
How to add friends on PC
- Open the Xbox app on Windows and click the “Community” tab below “Game Pass” and “My Library” at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Once the “Friends” tab opens you can use the search box to search for people in the Xbox Live community.
- Once you search for a name match player profile will appear. You can click on a profile name to reveal more options, the first of which is “Add friend”.
- Click the “Add friend” button to send a friend request to another player.
How to add friends on console (Xbox)
To add friends on a console you will have to perform the following steps:
- To open the menu, press the ‘Xbox” button on your controller. Scroll to the second icon with two people at top of the menu. Select this option.
- From there you will the “Recently played with” tab which allows you to find players you’ve recently played with and send them friend requests.
- Additionally, you can use the “Find someone” option to search for a username.
After you have completed the above steps, you can invite your friend to your game by clicking the “Invite Friends” button before you “Set Sail“. Simply select their name in the window that opens, and you’re ready to sail the oceans.
This is all you need to know about cross-platform play in Sea of Thieves. If you are looking for more cross-platform games to play you can check our best cross-platform games guide. Finally, if you are looking for a cool Xbox gamertag you can check our recommendations.
- Metro Exodus Console Commands & Cheat Codes - February 25, 2024
- Coin Master Free Spins Today: Daily Links for Spins & Coins [February 2024] - February 25, 2024
- Pirate Kings Free Spins Links: Free Bombs, Coins & Spins for February 2024 - February 25, 2024