Are you wondering how to fix the Comms computer in Starfield’s main mission, Back to Vectera? The universe of Starfield is as enigmatic as it is expansive, and the Back to Vectera quest epitomizes this perfectly. Central to this quest is fixing the Comms Computer for Lin, which is pivotal to discovering the whereabouts of Barret, a task that is easier said than done. This comprehensive guide demystifies the steps required to fix the Comms Computer and locate the three Power Cells to get it back online.
The Back to Vectera quest necessitates fixing the Comms Computer, your gateway to tracking down Barret. To fix it, insert three Power Cells into the corresponding Power Receptacles near the Vectera Control Room. However, finding these Power Cells is not as straightforward as imagined. Let’s dive in.
Speak to Lin
Before anything else, you’ll need to chat with Lin. She’s located near the objective area. You will meet her as soon as you land, and she will inform you about the importance of fixing the Comms Computer to locate Barrett.
How to Enter the Vectera Control Room
These are the steps required to reach the Vecteral Control Room, where you will find the Comms computer:
- After speaking to Lin, head towards the building behind her and to her right.
- Locate a switch right next to a large vault door and interact with it.
- Make your way inside and head toward the office adjacent to the storage room.
- You’ll find the Vectera Control Room Key on a wheeled table.
- If you’re skilled in lockpicking, you can bypass the Vectera Control Room Key collection and pick the novice lock on the Vectera Control Room door.
Once inside the control room, approach the Comms Computer. Interacting with it will reveal a notification stating that you need to find three Power Cells to power it up.
How to Locate the Three Emergency Power Cells
You need three Emergency Power Cells to fix the Computer Comms. However, there are six Emergency Power Cells available. It doesn’t matter which ones you pick.
Near the Destroyed Mech (Power Cells #1 & #2)
- Location: Near where you initially landed your ship, next to Supervisor Lin.
- Action: One Emergency Power Cell is on the table near the Robot. The other one is to your left next to the crates.
Storage Room (Power Cell #3)
- Location: Storage room. As you enter the facility towards the Objective Marker, it’s the second room.
- Action: Interact with the Power Cell on the shelf near the yellow Storage Crate.
Office with the Safe and Vectera Control Key (Power Cell #4)
- Location: Turn to the left inside the Storage Room to find a door on the southwest side of it. Open the door to access the office.
- Action: Get the Emergency Power Cell from the wheeled table. You can also open a Novice Level Safe and grab the Vectera Control Room Key here.
The other two cells are on the opposite side of the facility, so you can get out and enter through the other entrance (where you exited during the One Small Step mission to meet Barrett)
Office #2: Power Cell #5
- Location:Office #2 is the first room on the opposite side of the facility.
- Action: Grab the Power Cell from the wheeled table to your left.
Room to the left of the Quarantine Table: Power Cell #6
- Location:Get past the plastic dividers to reach the room with the Quarantine Table (the one you woke up on) and take the left entrance.
- Action: You will find the Power Cell on a storage shelf.
How to Fix the Comms Computer
Return to the Power Receptacles near the Vectera Control Room with all three Power Cells. Place one Power Cell in each of the three Power Receptacles and head to the Comms Computer and interact with it. Voila, your Comms Computer should now be operational, and you will shortly receive a message containing clues to Barret’s location.
Tips and Tricks
- Power Cells are interchangeable; it doesn’t matter which ones you pick up.
- Novice in lockpicking? No worries! The Vectera Control Room door is a novice-level lock that can be easily picked. Or you can grab the Vectera Control Room Key from the office’s Data Slate and Keycard Display.
- Exploring the files on the Comms Computer can mark more Power Cells on your screen, but this is not required.
There you have it! You’ve successfully navigated the labyrinthine challenges of the Back to Vectera quest and fixed the Comms Computer in Starfield. Stay tuned for more in-depth guides and reviews only at Meta Game Guides.
- Roblox Star codes list for February 2024 - February 29, 2024
- Discord PFP troubleshooting 2022: How to fix blurry Discord PFP - February 29, 2024
- How to download TikTok videos in 2023 with Qoob Clips - February 29, 2024